Billy McLaughlin — Acoustic Original:
The Best of Billy McLaughlin (2001)
Contemporary acoustic guitarist Billy McLaughlin was born and raised in Minneapolis, later studying music at the University of Southern California. There he explored composition as well as finger-style acoustic guitar, and soon after graduating independently issued a pair of 1989 LPs, Inhale Pink and Exhale Blue. Regularly playing upwards of 200 live dates a year, McLaughlin issued his third album, The Archery of Guitar, in 1993; upon its release, he was named “New Age Artist of the Year” at the Minnesota Music Awards. Wintersongs and Traditionals followed in 1994, and with the Hindu Rodeo Crew McLaughlin recorded The Bow and Arrow a year later. With 1996’s Fingerdance, he made his Narada label debut, returning in 1999 with Out of Hand.
In 2005 Billy announced via his website that he is suffering from focal dystonia, which severely limits his ability to play. He began teaching himself to play his distinctive hammering style “left-handed,” with the neck of the guitar toward his right shoulder. A documentary entitled “Changing Keys” was made about this phase of his career. He returned to performing publicly in 2006 both solo and with his band. During his December 2006 concerts with Simple Gifts, the sextet he formed in 2002 to play Christmas music, he performed the hammering style left-handed and more traditional strumming style right-handed, using separate sets of guitars tuned for the manner in which he was playing.
Album of light guitar music in the style of New Age. Fine melodies, masterly performed on an acoustic guitar, are ideal for listening to hot summer days.
01. Billy McLaughlin – Tsavo (edit).mp3
02. Billy McLaughlin – 11.mp3
03. Billy McLaughlin – County Wicklow Mystic.mp3
04. Billy McLaughlin – Fingerdance.mp3
05. Billy McLaughlin – The Bow and the Arrow.mp3
06. Billy McLaughlin – Breaking of the Shells.mp3
07. Billy McLaughlin – Candleman.mp3
08. Billy McLaughlin – Coffee Break.mp3
09. Billy McLaughlin – Jardin Secreto.mp3
10. Billy McLaughlin – Helms Place.mp3
11. Billy McLaughlin – Hold on to Forever.mp3
12. Billy McLaughlin – Norma’s Shuffle.mp3
Bitrate: 320 kbps
Package size: 131 Mb
Transfer server: MediaFire.com
Offered for the acquaintance
- I'm interested in Classics, Neoclassic, Romantic Piano, and also pleasant instrumental music for the easy listening, mainly on traditional musical instruments such as Piano, Violin, Cello, Flute, Oboe, Cymbals, Guitar